Sunday, November 8, 2009

Toward a New Future of Whatever: Michael Wesch

YouTube logo

I just realized how far the word “whatever” has come after watching this video by Michael Wesch. To me, the meaning of “whatever” replaces many words during conversations. Instead of people saying what they want to say they just substituted it for the word “whatever”. I really enjoyed watching the video. It really made me think about the way I use the word “whatever”.

As far as YouTube, I learned a lot of information in which I was not aware of. I also thought that the people talking into their web-cam thought it was weird to do so. YouTube helps many people see the differences throughout the world. It can be educational, informative, and even entertaining. I will most likely show appropriate YouTube videos in my classroom, in order for the students to get a break from me teaching and see that there are many other ways of learning on YouTube.

1 comment:

  1. Eh, whatever.

    I'm kidding, of course. I agree -- I take that word for granted, too.

    ReplyDelete