Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vicki Davis: Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

I believe this video shows a unique way of teaching. Although I do not consider myself to me technologically literate, I do see myself trying to learn and experiment on different ways of teaching. I feel that teaching with different learning styles can reach out to more students whose only way of learning is in one style or another.

I believe that there are many teachers who would like to teach this way. In reality, many cannot because of money issues with school systems. This problem not only affects the teachers' teaching process but also the students' learning process. I do hope that one day an adequate amount of technology will be available to every school system. This will help our students become even more advanced than they already are!

2 comments:

  1. Two comment: 1) we all can learn by doing. I am glad to see that you want to learn how to use technology in the classroom effectively.

    2) It's not just money. I don't think money is the primary issue. It's commitment to doing things differently. That is missing from many schools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree. Although money IS an issue, I don't think it is the biggest one. I think lots of people are scared about teaching with technology because they aren't quite sure how to harness technology enough to weed out the negative stuff.

    ReplyDelete