Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sir Ken Robinson: The Importance of Creativity

I would like to start off by saying that Sir Ken Robinson is a very intelligent and entertaining man. I agree that children cannot express much creativity in the classrooms. I also agree with Sir Robinson about dance and other creative activities such as art and music. These activities are just as important as math and reading. I believe that this is why many talented musicians and artists in the world do not get much recognition. Creativity and its importance has vanished even before the students are able to learn about it and express themselves.

As Sir Ken Robinson stated, “If you are not prepared to be wrong, you'll never come up with anything original.” This statement is true in so many ways. This is how people learn from their mistakes. They often take their mistakes and run with it, coming up with unique and original ideas. Overall, Sir Robinson expressed thoughts that I did not even think about until now!

2 comments:

  1. We learn from mistakes! At least we should.

    I have a question: how can we encourage creativity in our students? How can we keep creativity from being destroyed by schools? Or do you believe that schools kill creativity?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Creativity is so important for our youth!

    ReplyDelete