Sunday, August 30, 2009

Podcasting

Hmm...Let's see, where do I start... I thought the podcasts were informative but very boring (well most of them at least.) I started off with the Smart board lessons. This podcast was one of the few that did get my attention in the first ten minutes. I am not sure if I viewed the correct one, but this one mentioned the website: buildyourwildself.com. I went to the website and I ended up “building my wild self”. It seems that this could actually get the students more involved with their schoolwork by letting them build their own avatar for the classroom. I did think the idea was a good one.

The next podcast I viewed was KidCast. This KidCast episode talked about video podcasting. I feel that it was informative as well. The speaker gave us his advice on whether we should start off with audio podcasting and gradually move along to video podcasting. He also listed the pros and cons about the situation. I think it would be best to start off doing audio broadcasting to get the hang of things and then eventually work our way up to video podcasting.

Then, I listened to EdTech Talk. This episode was about “Teachers Teaching Teachers” and they were sharing their knowledge about Google Docs. They explained how to upload templates and share them in the class. I did not know that Google offered these types of tools until Dr. Strange introduced them to us in class on Thursday. I believe this feature is wonderful and very accessible for both the students and the teachers. This is something that I would be interested in using in my classroom.

The next podcast I listened to was MacBreak Weekly. I did not get anything out of the MacBreak Weekly. I did not really comprehend what they were talking about. Therefore, it did not interest or inform in any way.

The last podcast I listened to was This Week in Photography. This episode basically talked about the hand-strap for the camera. It was somewhat informative, especially for those who use a camera often. Overall, as I stated earlier, majority of the podcasts were informative.

1 comment: