Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom

After viewing this blog and videocast, I did feel that podcasting will be very beneficial for my students. I like the fact that absent students can catch with their schoolwork in the comfort of their own home. I also liked how the students and the teacher could interact with one another outside of the classrooms. It also allows for students to be creative.

One of the main reasons that I would enjoy creating blogs with the students in my classrooms is because it would actually get the students involved with what they are doing. I say this because when I was coming up in school many of my classmates did not find working with pencil and paper very helpful. I feel that using blogs, podcasts, and vodcasts would show students a different way of learning!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you will have your students doing both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the benefits that I have seen from my students podcasting and broadcasting is how positive they can be. It's all about hooking them into something that excites them about learning and a way of expressing themselves. My class of students are 11 and 12 years old so older than the Pt England School students so they like to see themselves playing sports or involved in an activity that they're proud of (I have students in the school hip hop group who just watch themselves all day dancing) and also I have found using students cultures in a positive way a great way to motivate students who sometimes struggle with pen and paper and tradition forms of learning.
    Mr Webb and Room 8, Melville Intermediate, Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete