Sunday, September 13, 2009

"It's Not About the Technology" by Kelly Hines

I do not think it should be all about technology. I agree with Mrs. Hines when she said "technology is not the first things we need to initiate change in the classroom". I do agree that technology can be very helpful but as she said change starts at the teaching and learning level.

Mrs. Hines list of four things to have a positive impact on students was very helpful and informative. The first statement on the list is the one that stood out the most to me: Teachers must be learners. There are new ways of learning new things each and everyday. We must learn how to teach in new ways. Now I know where Dr. Strange is coming from when he stated that he does not consider himself to be a teacher.

3 comments:

  1. Don't get behind in your posts. It is very difficult to catch up later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to comment on my post. I hope you were able to take away a personal connection!

    ReplyDelete