Sunday, September 20, 2009

Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture

I thought Mr. Randy Pausch was very enthusiastic from the start! He let us know that his cancer was not going to stop him from doing his job. Although I felt so sad for him, he did not want us to have pity on him. This was a very brave statement. He let us know that anything is possible. He was able to achieve his zero gravity dream. I thought it was funny how he was not allowed to go to zero gravity because he was a faculty member but he somehow got an opportunity to still go because he was a web journalist.

Next, he talked about his football dream. What stood out to me was the quote: “Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted”. This quote really made me think. The next dream he was able to achieve. He was an author in the World Book Encyclopedia. I feel that being an author in an encyclopedia had to have been the best thing ever! Winning a stuff animal was one of my dreams as well. Although I was not as passionate about it as he was, I still always wanted one. I did win a few but they were no where near the size as his were.

As far as Mr. Pausch teaching methods, he was able to explain, model, and demonstrate many of his dreams. This let others know that they could achieve their dreams and anything is possible.

This video is probably the most interesting and heart-touching video that I have seen in the EDM 310 class thus far. This was something that I and many others could relate to. May Mr. Randy Pausch rest in peace.

1 comment: