Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wikipedia

Wow! Most of this information amazed me. I knew that Wikipedia could be edited by anyone, but I didn't know that people and even companies went as far as they did to edit the information. I think that is great that the people who edit the information can be tracked down. I do think it is funny how some people go over the edge to make their company look good. I also think it is crazy how people go over the edge to criticize other companies, people, places, and things. I guess that this type of behavior on a “website that anyone can edit” is expected.

As far as Wikipedia being a trusted source, I would not rely on it completely. I would probably use it to get the gists of certain information, but I would probably start going to another reliable website.

1 comment: