Sunday, September 27, 2009

"What I've Learned This Year" by Mr. McClung

I thought Mr. McClung had a great deal of advice to give. I am sure I will learn a lot during my first year of teaching as well as the years that follow. I learned to focus on the students and make sure that they understand the materials that you teach. I also learned that I should not get mad over the mistakes that I make. I like what he had to say about lesson plans: “NO LESSON IS EVER PERFECT. THE LESSON YOU TEACH AND THE ONE YOU PLAN ARE ALWAYS DIFFERENT.” No matter how prepared you are, you should be prepared to expect different outcomes. The next thing he talked about was communication. I feel that you can learn better when you communicate. I learned that you should not always be hard on your students. Our job is to help them to better. Another thing he stated was to use technology while in the classroom. He told us to listen to our students because not all students have someone to talk to. I feel that this is very important for the student as well as for me. Lastly, he stated to never stop learning. Learning is an important aspect of life. I feel that this is a great self-reflection on Mr. McClung's first year of teaching. The post helped him and many others be prepared for their teaching career.

1 comment: