Sunday, October 18, 2009

Kaia

Kaia
After reading the post, Dear Kaia, on Dr. Chamberlain's blog, I started to believe that the power of technology can really be amazing. I think that it is wonderful to have people from around the world notice some of the things that we do through the internet. I know that Kaia is a very intelligent young girl. I hope that she understood what was going on through the voicethread that Dr. C and his class made for her. Voicethreads seem to be very help for children Kaia's age!

I know that Mr. Raisdana was very surprised. Like he stated in his blog, he didn't know if it was a good idea to expose his daughter online. I, myself, would be unsure as well. It appears that her exposure turned out to help her in a positive way. Hopefully, this experience will encourage Mr. Raisdana and many other parents and teachers as well.

2 comments:

  1. It's a great question: I wonder how comfortable I'd be with my own child's online presence. I guess itll probably happen someday. More discussion from parents on this issue can be found here -- http://community.nytimes.com/comments/www.nytimes.com/2009/10/25/fashion/25facebook.html?scp=2&sq=child%20internet&st=cse -- in reader comments regarding a Sunday New York Times article called "Guardians of Their Smiles," about parents who worry about photos of their children on the 'net.

    ReplyDelete