Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler

The Networked Student
The way the Networked Student video was displayed was very unique. I thought it was neat how there were paper cut-outs of the explained material. I, myself, do not like the concept of connectivism. The way that I see understand it is that we learn from other diverse people's social networks. It is a good idea to see other's opinions on what they think about a certain topic, but I don't think I would like the idea of learning the material completely on my own.

I do like the fact that many resources are available for the student to learn. I am sure this type learning helps students expand their knowledge in a variety of ways.

Am I prepared to be a teacher of a networked student you may ask. I do not think I am. I feel that this type of learning could be very complicated for me. Maybe if I actually tried being a networked student myself, I could see the pros and cons of the whole thing. Maybe it is not as confusing as it may seem.

2 comments:

  1. networks can be used by individuals or groups of individuals. The networked learner draws from a multitude of experts and repositories of information. I think you misunderstood what Ms. Drexler was saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Erica. I don't like the idea of connectivism at all. I think a lot of students may get lost with this kind of learning. I know I probably would.

    ReplyDelete