Sunday, October 11, 2009

Richard Miller: This Is How We Dream

Technology
I don't think that I am ready to start writing with multimedia. I know that I learn and comprehend better by reading and writing compared to watching and listening. Dr. Miller's way of using multimedia seems to be very useful. I do think that it is great that much of the information that you need when doing research can be found on the internet in the comfort of your own home.

Multimedia looks like it can be very helpful and easier for some. I feel that I will probably be able get use to teaching through multimedia as the years progress. Once I learn how to do it, I feel that my students will be able to catch on. Because technology is increasing rapidly, I am pretty sure that some of my students will already be able to write with multimedia by the time I am ready to teach them.

I feel that Dr. Miller's idea of visual representation is a plus when it comes to learning. I do agree with him. There will be a time where word-processing is completely out of the picture. Overall, I am not to keen of using multimedia. Although I do think it is a helpful tool, I am just not ready for these type of changes.

1 comment: